Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Always Strong.

For months I've been meaning to start another blog so friends and family can have a little insight on what I've been doing over here in Japan. I'm sorry it's taken me so long, but I will try to keep you in the loop of my travels and life.

2013 was a very eye opening year for me. I had a ton of amazing opportunities, a few set backs, some heartbreaks, but most importantly I learned how to move forward and to never quit. I'm not going to go into all the details of last year, but I can tell you this; owning up for your own mistakes and failures feels like taking a breath of fresh air. It took me almost 18 months to get over 'hating' Japan and learning how to enjoy this country. I may not love it here, but it's home for another 24 months so I might as well make the most of it!

In all honesty if it wasn't for a select few over here and CrossFit I'm not sure I would survive, so to say the least I am extremely grateful for the few people I have in my life overseas and back in the States. I apologize for not staying in touch nearly as much as I should, but like some of you know I haven't been myself nor have I been happy so it's hard to communicate when you don't want to bring anyone else down. Luckily, the days have been getting a lot better and I'm starting to feel like my old self again and I couldn't be happier!

Yesterday was New Year's Eve and I'm not huge on going out because most places are packed with people, your expectations are rarely fulfilled, and I would rather just spend time with close friends and family then a bunch of strangers. That's exactly what I did, my friend Liz and I went into a near by city called Yokohama in search for a tattoo parlor (what?!) and a delicious dinner- we succeeded! I've been wanting to get a new tattoo for awhile now to symbolise Japan, the Navy and CrossFit, but I couldn't think of anything until the other day when I came across "Semper Fortis" which is latin for "Always Strong" or "Always Courageous" it may not symbolise everything the way I thought it was going to, but I coudn't imagine having anything else sum up how I feel about all three.

I will try and write as much as possible and hopefully I will be able to make it back to the states soon. When I have more time I will fill you in about my deployments and life out here! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment